If you're not happy with your results, just go back to Part 1, Re-read and Study it; and take the Quiz again. It's not about the grade you get on the test, it's about the enthusasim and dedication you bring to being an AP farmer.
14 Correct Answers = A+
13 Correct Answers = A
12 Correct Answers = B+
11 Correct Answers = B
10 Correct Answers = C
9 Correct Answers = D
8 Correct Answers = D-
7 or Less Correct Answers = F
Below are the Answers to the Part 1 Quiz.
1. What is Aquaponics?
ANSWER: "Aquaponics is raising fish and growing plants by
using the fish waste as fertilizer for the plants."
2. How long does it take most edible fish species to Grow Out?
ANSWER: "A year or more"
3. In what climate can you set up an AP System with minimal
4. What is the Growing Season for Aquaponics fruits and
veggies when the AP System is in a controlled Greenhouse?
5. How much less water is used in Aquaponics farming
compared to tillage farming?
6. Besides fish and plants, what is the general name of the
third living organism in an AP System?
7. What are the names of the two types of this third living
ANSWER: "Autotrophic and Heterotophic"
8. Where do each of the two types of this third living organism
live in system?
ANSWER: "Autotrophic Bacteria attach themselves to any
surface, and the Heterotophic Bacteria live in the water."
9. How many kinds of waste do fish give out?
10. What are the names of these kinds of waste?
ANSWER: "Ammonia and Solid Fish Effluent"
11. Besides holding your plants, what second important role does
a Media-filled Grow Bed play in an AP System?
ANSWER: "It works as a Bio-Filter"
12. What is the name of the bacteria that converts ammonia into
ANSWER: "Autotrophic Bacteria"
13. ANSWER: The fish can tolerate 100 times more Nitrates than
Nitrites and Ammonia.
14. Besides fish food, what needs to be replaced on a continuous
basis for the system to work properly?
ANSWER: "Dissolved Oxygen (DO) and Water"
Now, you can check your Answers and give yourself a Grade: